TRUBLU Spaceframe is also designed as the ultimate school's racing trike to be durable, reliable and easy for students to ride fast.
The model is based on the principles of simplicity and efficiency, for schools pedal prix racing, with minimal frontal area for best aerodynamic profile. The framework of the Spaceframe allows for the best power transfer to the rear wheel, maximum strength and rider protection combined with minimum weight and the absolute best cornering ability. This enables riders to avoid crashes and maintain high speed in corners, resulting in the highest possible average speed.
This point was proven in the 2016 Wonthaggi HPV race where, despite being the overall race winner and holding the fastest lap, the trike never suffered a single rollover. A vehicle which is less likely to rollover will reduce the likelihood of injury to riders as well as being faster and minimising accidents, thus reducing the cost in both time and money required for repairs.
Built from 4130 chromolly to give long term durability, it is lightweight and allows schools to modify it in future years with standard welding techniques. This trike is designed to allow race winning performance.
We understand that teachers often take the burden of preparing trikes for races so parts used are picked for their ability to continue working well with only minimal maintenance.
The instantly adjustable rider length, (typically takes only 2 seconds), allows a 280mm range of rider lengths to share one trike. Thus effectively providing better efficiency, comfort and safety. This feature makes TRUBLU the safest and most efficient racing trikes available.
The rider headrest has been ergonomically designed to support the shoulders and neck whilst preventing any pressure on sensitive vertebrae. The headrest also ensures that the seatbelts stay in the correct position over the rider's shoulders.
The very low centre of gravity (75mm seat height) means higher cornering speeds are safely attainable and improves rider safety by reducing tendency to rollover.
Slide out axles take only seconds to swap wheels and allow use in fairings/bodyshells with closed sides and better aerodynamic efficiency.
Adjustable Ackermann steering geometry allows the trike to be set up for optimal cornering.
TRUBLU Standard Spaceframe Trike
Pictured above includes rollbars/intrusion bars/double overhead protection.
Please note: seatbelts shown are optional extra
TRU BLU SPACEFRAME SPECIFICATIONS
|TRU BLU Spaceframe Specifications|
|Frame||4130 aircraft grade Chromoly steel spaceframe with telescopic crank extensionIncludes rollbars/double overhead protection/opening hatch/seatbelt bosses|
|Seat||Aircraft aluminium with instantly adjustable wide range headrest|
|Rims||16" alloy TRUBLU double wall front, single wall rear|
|Tyres||40 x 349 Scorcher high performance tyres.|
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Brakes||Sturmey Archer drum brakes linked at front|
|Shift Lever||Bar end 8 speed Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano 105|
|Cassette||8 speed 11-23 or 11-28 tooth (optional 9 speed)|
|Rear Brake||Rim calliper|
|Crankset||Driveline 155mm recumbent performance crank with TRUBLU 67 tooth chainring (chainring guard included)|
|Bottom Bracket||Lightweight cromo/aluminium sealed bearing|
|Pedals||Plastic with toe clip(optional SPD adds $40)|
|Handlebars||Twin handlebar precise control|
|Kingpin||TRUBLU Slide out axle type with adjustable steering stop and Ackermann adjustment|
|Seat Angle||20 degree angle|
|Headrest||Aluminium – Ergo neck support -instant adjust for rider length( 280mm rider range)|
|Options||Japanese race bearings, lightweight rear hub, Nighthawk fairing, 9 or 10 speedTyre sealant, NACA vent|
TRU BLU Spaceframe Racing Trike Pricelist
(All pricing includes GST)
-- TRUBLU Spaceframe Standard Complete Trike $5490 --
This price includes rollbars/intrusion bars and currently required double overhead protection with opening hatch. Also included are TRUBLU double wall front rims.
Optional extras listed below (additional cost to complete trike):
- TRUBLU ULTIMATE PLUS - includes race bearing DT spoke and wide rim upgrade Add $180
- Japanese race bearings in front wheels + $80 per Pair of two wheels
- Lightweight sealed bearing rear hub + $90
- Front rollbar brackets fitted (for DIY rollbar) + $40
- 73T chainring (includes chainring guard) + $45
- 81 T chainring (includes chainring guard) + $105
- Shimano double sided SPD pedals +$40
- Seatbelt 4 point Hemco + $140
- 9 speed upgrade (Shimano 105 derailuer /durace shift lever) 105 +$130
- Nighthawk fairing kit $600 - if purchased with trike (race winning fairing kit) includes laser cut coreflute body kit, modular polycarbonate windscreen, polycarbonate centre and rear windscreen, Velcro, ties, glue and assembly instructions.
Spare Wheels (not including tyre tube or rim tape)
- Spare front wheel TRUBLU ULTIMATE PLUS wide double wall /race bearing + $295
- Spare front wheel standard + $200
- Spare front wheel TRUBLU double wall /race bearing + $250
- Spare rear wheel standard (no cassette) + $150
- Spare rear wheel double wall /lightweight hub + $240
- Spare tube +$8
- Spare tyre scorcher + $51
- Front Wheel covers +$20 per wheel
Please tick options required.
TERMS - please note –Official School order required to place order